Casa Sirenetta - Lago di Como
Bella casa vacanza sul lungomare di San Siro (Rezzonico)sul Lago di Como, Italia.
This beautiful old fishermen’s house is nestled into the rocks right by the shore of Lake Como in the lakeside hamlet resort of Rezzonico (part of San Siro). Park your car outside the village and walk (~250m) through the tranquil car-free village along narrow, winding streets and alleys, down cute cobbled paths to this brightly sunlit house that boasts a spectacular location by the lake.
Tastefully redecorated and refurnished with stylish wooden furniture, the house (150m²) is built over 4 floors:
- On the well-lit main floor (almost all the windows face the lake) is a kitchen and dining area with access to the outdoor terrace with round table for ‘al fresco’ dining.
- Between the main and first floor you’ll find a bedroom with double bed and ensuite bathroom with shower.
- On the first floor is a living room with TV, reading table and lake view balcony, and a bathroom with tub.
- On the second floor is a large bedroom with double bed, ensuite bathroom with shower and a raised (open) area containing 2 single beds - great for the kids.
- Accessed from the outside, between the main and lower floor, is a laundry room and small sauna.
- On the lower floor, only a few steps up from the lake, is an apartment with separate entrance (no internal connection to the rest of the house) featuring a bedroom with double bed, ensuite bathroom with tub and shower, and a sitting room with kitchenette.
Outside there are several terraces and area’s to sit and relax, to dine and barbecue, to enjoy the sunshine. A few stone steps entice you down to the cooling waters of the lake where you can take a refreshing dip on a hot summer’s day, or take a cold plunge after a sauna on a cold winter’s day! The lake front here is public and you may spot an occasional fisherman or walker. A buoy for your boat is available in small harbour at 100m from the house.
In the hamlet of Rezzonico (San Siro), everything is within walking distance: there is a local grocery store to get your daily fresh bread and Italian brioches, a bar and two good restaurants. If you’re feeling active, the lake provides boat rental, sailing and wind-surfing, as well as panoramic hiking trails that start near the shore. Ferries are the best way to access the lakeside towns and villages; Menaggio, one of the main ferry ports on the lake, is only 5 km away and offers a golf course and tennis court, several restaurants and grocery shops, bank, post office etc. Como is only 30 km away; its historic town centre, elegant shops, restaurants, cafes, a panoramic promenade, ferry port, and railway station where you can catch a train to Milan, all create a great day out.